Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
ESG Investment Process
Our advisor is a target- oriented investor that achieves long-term diversification advantages and returns for clients through sustainable alternative investments. As a signatory to the UN Principles for Responsible Investments (UN PRI), Aquila Capital has integrated ESG criteria along the entire investment process for real assets.
ASSET SOURCING AND ANALYSIS:
- Consider the ESG principles in the sector and country relevant to the investment opportunity
ASSET DUE DILIGENCE:
- Multi-faceted asset due diligence is conducted and consider the asset‘s compatibility with ESG principles, sustainability, climate neutrality and human rights
- Ensure adequate transparency around ESG principles between our firm and partner-ing providers
- An asset will be integrated into our portfolio only after all relevant ESG principles have been assessed
- Consider ESG principles as they relate to the continual maintenance and administration of an investment strategy or asset
- Supplementary regulations will be enforced if local requirements appear lax
In 2018, the EU agreed a climate and energy framework and set ambitious goals for 2030. The aim is to have a clean, affordable and reliable energy system in Europe, through targeting:
- At least a 40% decline below 1990 levels in greenhouse gas emissions
- A 32% renewables share of the energy system
- A 32.5% improvement in energy efficiency
The Aquila European Renewables Income Fund (AERIF) aims to invest in a diversified portfolio of renewable energy infrastructure investments, such as hydropower plants, onshore wind and solar parks, across continental Europe & Ireland.
With the objective of providing investors with a truly diversified portfolio of renewable assets, AERIF contributes to the following four SDGs:
Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.